Rajasthan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (RAJUVAS),
Bijey Bhawan Palace Complex, Near Deen Dayal Upadhyay Circle,
Blessed with the unique blend of experience in the streams of Teaching, Research and Extension. Under his leadership, RAJUVAS has scaled the greater heights with number of awards and new initiatives to its credits. He is also the member of Rajasthan Farmers Commission. A man of proactive approach has helped his profession to gain acceptability amongst the bureaucrats and the policy planners.
Work Experience and Positions
- Held18th May, 2010 Vice-Chancellor, RAJUVAS
Oct.,28, 2000–May, 2010 Chairman Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Science and DEAN
Oct,1999- Oct., 2000 Director Students’ Welfare and Founder Chairman University Sports Board, Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner (Raj)
May,1996- 17th May, 2010 Professor & Head, Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence.
During this period held the following responsibilities:
- Chairman-VCI cell of CVAS->4 yrs;
- Convener of Admission Committee for 3 yrs of UG admissions;
- Remained Chairman of number of committees at university level;
- Member of all statutory bodies of the university Member-Board of Secondary Education
- Member-Rajasthan Hindi Granth Academy, Jaipur.
- Patron-Canine Welfare Society, Veterinary Students Association, Bikaner Veterinary College Alumni Association.
18th May, 2010 on Vice Chancellor, RAJUVAS
Prizes and Awards
2012 Fellow of Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine
2011 Fellow of Indian Society for Advancement of Canine Practice
2010 Conferred Rank of Colonel Commandant by the Govt. of India w.e.f. 18th May, 2010
2010 Fellow of Indian Association of Advancement of Veterinary Research
2005 Maj. (Mrs.) Malika Trivedi IAAVR Award for outstanding professional contribution.
2004 Bikaner Samvad Award for Outstanding contribution to Veterinary Education, Research and Extension
2003 Intas Polyvet Best Clinical Article Award
2001 Platinum Jubilee Award from the Platinum Jubilee Committee of Govt. Sadul Sr. Sec. School, Bikaner for Outstanding Public Service.
1991 Falicitation Award by the Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine for outstanding research work on Theileriosis.
1990 CCS Haryana Agricultural University Appreciation Award for National level Research on Theileriosis.
1989 ICAR Team Research Award and Gold Medal for research on Theileriosis in animals conferred by Dy. Prime Minister of India.
1989 Senior Research Fellowship of the ICAR
1987 Received Rajasthan State Appreciation Award conferred by the Collector, Jaisalmer for work on improvement of Tharparkar Cattle and Green Fodder production.
1977 Junior Research Fellowship of the ICAR
1977 University Gold Medal for First position in B.V.Sc. & A.H.
1973 National Merit Scholarship
• Co-Author of book “Veterinary Jurisprudence”-3rd, 4th , 5th & 6th Edition (NBS Publishers)
• Executive Editor of Biannual Journal “Veterinary Practitioner” Since 2002.
• Member Editorial Board of “Journal of Canine Development & Research” since 2003.
• Former Member of the Editorial Board of "Indian Journal of Veterinary Medicine".
• Issuing a monthly Weather based animal disease forewarning bulletin of the State since April, 2004.
• Published/presented more than 170 articles.